Is there any pleco that stay small?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

green_valley

AC Members
Sep 14, 2011
I was just curious if there is such a thing. I love them, but they grow really big. Curious what's the smallest pleco, if any.

Thanks

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Bullbog Plecos or Rubberlips only get a few inches long. There are many out there that stay small.. Their price tags generally arnt small though

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
some BN's stay small.. some can hit 5-6" tho
many remain around 4.5"
one of the smaller plecos is the clown pleco topping out at just under 4" but they do require wood in their diet

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
It might be stretching your definition of pleco, but you can't get much smaller than ottos. I think a Bristlenose pleco is a great and hardy option for someone without the space for a common pleco.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I would go with ottos. Nice little fish that is probably one of the best algae eaters out there!

akuemoua

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
Bullbog Plecos or Rubberlips only get a few inches long. There are many out there that stay small.. Their price tags generally arnt small though
i totally agree!!!!!

look up these plecos L046, L260, L134, i have these and they stay small but like he said, prices can be very high!!!!

green_valley

AC Members
Sep 14, 2011
Thank you for the replay everyone. I would like to have smaller than 4 inches.

i totally agree!!!!!

look up these plecos L046, L260, L134, i have these and they stay small but like he said, prices can be very high!!!!
I did research, and they seem small. How big can they get? also, for small pleco, how much are they on average?

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Bulldog plecos stay very small, smaller tyan BNs. I love them both, though, and keep them both.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store