Sick African Dwarf Frog?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ara

Catquarium
Feb 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Help? I just noticed one of my ADFs looks very ill... her skin is all splotchy with white/light coloured spots,and her eyes look almost like they have a white film over them and are a little bulgy. She looks a little bloated too..

Otherwise she is moving aorund normally, and the other 3 frogs in the tank and all the fish seem fine.. she had always beenmy problem baby thought as her spine is a little crooked, but she's been fine for over 2 years so I was not worried..

Thoughts?

I am setting up the hospital tank now.. and will TRY to get a pic if I can..

Ara

Catquarium
Feb 4, 2010
Hmm.. from what I am reading, adding salt can cure this too, much like with ich (I only had ich once and cured it within 2 days with salt & heat). So my main question is, should I quarantine or treat the whole tank?

The other inhabitants (10 gallon, heated, aqueon 10 filter) are a female betta, 5 cardinal tetras, 5 dwarf cories and 3 other ADF's..

??

Ara

Catquarium
Feb 4, 2010
Well, she certainly has not lost her appetite, I just fed the tank and poor Ziva seriously chowed down. I did manage to sort of get some pics, excuse the crappy camera.. first 2 show her with her healthy 'mate' Zen. You can at least see the contrast in their skin colouring since she is splotchy and her CRAZY eyes..

Sick Ziva 2.jpgSick Ziva 1.jpgSick Ziva 3.jpg

??

Sick Ziva 1.jpg Sick Ziva 3.jpg Sick Ziva 2.jpg

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Mine did something very similar not long ago. I lost 2 of 3. I think mostly because I didn't see it until one was very progressed. The 3rd was affected as well but recovered and is doing well. I treated the whole tank with an antifungal.

Ara

Catquarium
Feb 4, 2010
Can you recommend a specfic anti-fungal? I understand that most anti-fungals for fish ar enot necessarily safe for ADF's. I've never had a sick one before, so this is a first. Man I do not want to lose the other 3..

Any thoughs on using salt and quarantine?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store