HELP! ABN is injured! Please Help!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Hey guys:(

So, yesterday I was catching my betta for inspection because I thought I saw something up with its skin:( except it turned out to be fine;) so i accidentally dropped the net and totally forgot about it:( so, the tank is a 29G FW with 1 breeding pair angels, red male betta, and breeding pair ABNS

so my female ABN tries to explore the tiny brine shrimp net:( and it is stuck. i find it this morning and try to separate and no luck:( I try again and it works except its gill area and mouth are kind of ripped up:( really sad right now:( i don't want to lose her, beautiful and recently bought 5 months ago:( really bad looking right now, mouth is all purple

btw it was stuck only in the mouth area
the fins and tail are fine

but im really worried as now its just hiding in the cave, the mouth was really purple and bruised and squished:(

please help!!!

I know WCs will help..............i'll get pics once it comes out.................

im doing 25% WCs daily with 1 50% weekly................

please help!:help:

thanks in advance!:)

anything will help, info on bruising..............etc..............what meds if it starts to die:( hopefully not.........

thanks!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I wouldn't medicate at all. It's an injury right now, there's no infection or disease going on. As you know, water changes, water changes....lots of clean water. Keep an eye on her and post back if the injured area changes for the worse.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
I agree, just keep the water clean, don't medicate unless there is a bad infection that your ABN won't be able to fight itself. If she's healthy, she should heal fine but as pinkertd said, keep an eye out for infection and let AC know if it gets worse =[ Sorry this happened

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
okay, thanks guys!

so she is looking much better, eating, but not super well, usually she and her bf finish the zuch overnight but it was only 1/2 finished:( or maybe she was just not hungry?

well, i can only see the tear today and no more purple, more of a pink now;)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
my angel is looking weird now, my male

it has something like HITH

except it looks more of like an inside out bug bite with the red itchy thing sticking out?
ill post pics of it soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store