RIP green terror :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
as of today i had to put my GT down :( swim bladder blew and hes swimming upside down. cloudy eyes, losing scales.. :( and looks like burn marks/scratchs, so doing a water change right now ( doing a 75 percent ) sad to say RIP mr GT! :( all i am left with ( and is they are in great condition ) is 4 firmouths and 1 female convict.... sadly i dont have no test kits....

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Err, get your water tested.

Fish don't just randomly burn. Most of those are a bit bright flashing neon sign that say ammonia toxicity.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
yes i think its ammonia sadly... was told cloudy eyes resemble ammonia... weird that none the other fish were affect though..

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
soon going to find out whats wrong with him. hate to cut a fish open but want to find out what went wrong that was eating its flesh ( scales )

i know some here are going to be mad at me even tell me not to but i am going to. so no use in telling me not to..

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
sounds like ammonia to me as well. This tells me that you are feeding waaaaaay to much, have an overcrowded tank, not enough filtration and / or your tank is not cycled.

Do some serious water changes.. Check your filter media for an accumulation of crud/slim/nasty crap.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
well did a 50 gallon waterchange on my 75...... 10 trips with my 5gallon pale and now tired out.. bout to have a cig... then work on my filter.... think 50 gallons was enough on my 75?

2latinaz

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Unless you are experienced enough to know what to look for, this is an absolutely pointless step. Get your water tested ASAP and post results. As a responsible fish owner, you should have already been doing that. I purchased a testing kit on Amazon for less than $15.

You don't want people telling you what to do even though you've posted this on a very community driven website. Why post if you don't want others opinions? If it's in fact a water quality issue, take what countless members have been telling you here for months seriously. Everyone here hates fish death. Don't take on more than you can handle.

Have fun with your amateur necropsy...I hope you wear gloves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store