I hate it when life gets in the way of fish...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
:y220d: <--- That's been me over the last month or so. I have not had a single moment to myself - between university and taking care of 14 (give or take) horses, my fish got shoved to the side. They still got fed... but that was really about it. All I have to say is thank god for my love of over filtration and a well established cycle! My plants loved all the extra "fertilizer" though and are doing amazing.

Today, I finally got around to getting things back in order. My community tank, which had a betta sorority, was in chaos. I did a 75% water change and moved my females into seperate bowls. Tonight I am hoping to go out to walmart and get stuff for DIY dividers so the ladies can be moved to seperate living quarters in my spare 20 gallon. My crowntail male will be moving in with the ladies (divided from them, of course).

My male halfmoon got moved into the community tank - he's exploring and meeting all his new friends at the moment.

I still have so much more work to do but I'm so glad I got to spend a few hours getting things close to back to normal. I'm exhausted now!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
how was the tank in chaos (curiosity there).

Good to know that the fish will be loved again :)

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
how was the tank in chaos (curiosity there).
Dirtier then I would like to see... and my plants went wild. My java moss was all over the tank, with mini java ferns all over the place. My algae exploded, so that will have to be brought back under control. I like algae on my tank walls and a bit on the decor, but there is way too much. My otos, shrimp and bristlenose are happy with it though. lol

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Life happens...sometimes I spend so much time in the barn I forget where my house is! lol

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
There is a coleman camping cot in my tack room...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store