blood parrot sick!??!?!?!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok so recently(right after i added my him to my 55 gallon) my blood parrot has been acting weird. he's been laying on his side by the rocks, by the driftwood, up on the top under the driftwood(hard to explain), and under the intake of the filter. at first i thought he just needed a place to hide but i made him a cave and he has the driftwood(been digging a pit under it too). is he sick or just being weird?

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
He's fallen in love with the driftwood.

Mark

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
LOL sorry. Honestly, he just got put into a strange place and he may be trying to find his spot where he feels most comfortable. Give him some time, make sure he's eating and doesn't scratch himself on hardscape or show any obvious signs of disease.

Mark

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok thanks anything i should watch for pacifically? im pretty sure he ate last night when i out the floating cichlid pellets in but ive never seen him eat.

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
When I had these fish they always acted this way at first until they got used to me and associated me as the food giver. So I think that this behavior is pretty natural for shy fish. I'm sure once he's confident you're not going to try and eat him he'll come out to greet you when you enter the room. Good luck with your new fish, BP's have tons of personality.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ive had him for a couple of weeks actually haha. he's been in quarentine. he's still eating so im not worried. probably just the switch to a large tank. one thing i did notice were pimple like bumps on his gills, but theyre the same color as his body.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store