90 Gallon Tetra Community Suggestions??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

frrranklinn

AC Members
Aug 24, 2011
I am currently working on a 90 Gallon. I decided to do a tetra, pleco, cory cat, and loach community.

I am looking into a blue phantom pleco, a golden nugget pleco.

Not too sure which tetras would be nice, I would like a big school.

Maybe high fin loaches?

Any suggestions? Help is appreciated!

I was thinking 30 tetras, 10 cory cats, 2 plecos, and 4 loaches.

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Rummynose tetras look amazing in big schools. I've always wanted to get them but they don't fit into any of my tanks right now.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
for a tank that big I would definitely go with congo tetras! They get relatively large for a tetra (3-4 inches) and have very bright colors, google them they have a bright orange stripe with almost a iridescent blue sheen to them. And of course they school together like any other community tetra would but would look more appropriate sized in your 90 gal I would think.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
i've got a 50b thats centered around bottom feeder fish. The upper spectrum is angels and pricilla tetras, gives a fantastic look, the pricillas are understated but the spots on their fins look incredible in schools.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Do a big school of rummynosed and red-eye tetras. Definetely do a huge school of cories, they look so awesome with their little wiggling bodies in huge schools.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store