how to re-stock?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
I thought I had found a nice group of fish for my 29g community. filled it with harlequin rasboras, an angel, some cories, a pair of male platies, some cherry barbs and a bolivian ram.

between ich and an angel turned nighttime predator, I'm down to my angel, ram, one platy, three cherry barbs, two large rasboras, and two gold pristella tetras (moved them from my 29g, angel picked them off from 6).

so- I'm open to suggestions on what to do as far as stocking... I'm still treating for ich, and obviously wont be getting any new additions until that is done...

anyone have any ideas on what would work for the re-stock? I've been considering a few more platies, maybe a mixed male/female group since I've heard they dont reproduce quite so quick as guppies and my angel would be happy to clean up fry as needed...

I was also thinking about pairing my ram once it grows out a bit and I can tel the gender better...

anyways, any opinions/ideas/thoughts on stocking are welcome!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
+1

ryukin_5

AC Members
Mar 30, 2010
Antigua W.I
i have a 55g
4 angels
14 swordtails all females
about 15 mollies all males (lots of chasing)
lightly planted (work in progress)

kinda works .....will change up very soon.

prob would say go with mollies all females though (solves the fry concern) onless they come pregnant

29g on the way.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
the original plan was to add more rasboras and barbs- but I think the angel is just going to pick them off. both schools were originally much larger, and have dwindled from the angel picking at them. hence why I am asking here- besides upping the numbers, I couldn't think of what else might do well in the tank.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
and all new fish will definitely be going through QT

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store