Corydoras catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Corys are great for an aquarium. They are a schooling fish that add activity to the bottom of your tank instead of all the activity being mid and top levels. Not to mention the benefit of less food sitting on the substrate since they are bottom feeders.

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
These are my favorite "hiya!" fish. You walk up to the tank and they immediately start swimming around saying, "Hiya!" :)

Neptunius

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Boston, MA
I know cory's are schooling fish. Do they have to be in a school with the same exact species or will they school with other cory varieties? I only ask, because among the fish that I inherited from my mom are 2 corys but I haven't been able to find the same exact kind at a local fish store or petco.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yes you can add several different types of Cory's together but they may hybridize with each other, they will form a colony and school together..

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
I always thought cories were silly until I got some to keep the substrate clean. Now I think they are awesome. I have 4 in two of my tanks... so 8 total.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store