5Gallon Refugium Plant growth... 56k warning :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mochox

AC Members
Aug 8, 2011
The amount of growth I've witnessed in this little gem has blown my mind (except for the lack of growth of the h.m)
Lighting is 2 x 12" 7w 4700k p.o.s. wal mart lights and a 18-led tetra led strip ~3w.

Some of the plants... Cabomba, Cryptocoryne, H.m., Anubias nana, Anubias congensis (I think), Hornwort, and some bush I can never remember in the back.

Some cherries/orange bees/crystal red shrimp live in there....and a dojo loach, cardinal tetra, and wild guppy found their ways (miraculously) through the overflow.

Enjoy! :D

And finally when I thought all was lost with the H.m., it appears to be cleaving off the dying bunch, floating the surface, and winning.

The end!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Really neat little tank! That's not HM, it's duckweed. Burn it with fire. (not literally, but yes. literally)

mochox

AC Members
Aug 8, 2011
Really neat little tank! That's not HM, it's duckweed. Burn it with fire. (not literally, but yes. literally)
Just learned this from another forum as well, and I thoroughly feel like a noob now ^_^.. and my sadness returns for the completely crenated H.m leaves on the lava rock haha.

you going to add more plants that reach above the water?
I'm actually going to revamp this entire system and use a totally different set up.
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?255153-Recreating-Fluval-sump-refugium<--See this thread
Someone once told me there was a chance the acrylic and silicone weren't going to bond together perfectly...and they were right, it's every-so-slowly seeping water onto my floor :O. So in efforts to A. tidy up the space, B. Start a new project, and C. Fix the leak, I'm rebuilding!

...To actually answer your question now :D, I don't think there was/is sufficient space in this set up or the next projected space to have anything breaking the water line. That will have to be another project for another tank one day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store