What to do with new 25 gallon cube?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Randy-S

AC Members
Oct 23, 2010
Went to the lfs and they had their annual sale going on sooooo I had to buy the rimless 25 gallon cube
Question now what to put in it?

Some calv and juli? Some shellies and?

What would you do and what stocking number would you put in it?

Randy

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
plants

Randy-S

AC Members
Oct 23, 2010
i was thinking fish wise. If I did multies they would occupie the bottom three inches of the tank then i would have 15 inches of water to look at

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Nothing Multi's are not a community type of fish so i would stick to a species setup if you want to add different species than do a community setup, As for Multi's will do a nice job adding young fish to every niche of that tank..

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
I agree with Pitt, if your going Tang, small shell dweller species tank is all you can successfully keep. I have a 125g with 7 adult Multi's occupying 1/3 of the tank, and 10 Juvie BCWP's in the other 2/3's of the tank. The 7 multi's and their fry are filling up their area quickly. I had thought of adding a third Tang species (big tank, right) but glad I waited. I do have furcata's as dithers, they swim 99% of the time at the top 1/3 of the tank, at feeding time, when they venture into the Multi's shell bed, they get attacked at all angles. Needless to say, they don't go into the Multi area often.

I would also like to throw out going planted. Makes for a beautiful cube.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store