Centerpiece fish for a 37?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting an anabantoid as a centerpiece fish for my 37. I'm looking for something that doesn't outgrow the tank, and is fine with plants and x-ray tetras. I like Dwarf Gourami's, but I've heard horror stories about them. Any suggestions?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
How about a Pearl Gourami? Would I want to keep a lone Pearl Gourami, or get others?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Ended up going with a pair of albino kribs, they're coloring up nicely. I've seen lots of digging so far, but the female doesn't seem to like the male (chases away). The female will "attack" my X-Rays too, it's more nipping than actual agression and I have yet to see any damage. The male is larger than the female too, unless I'm sexing them wrong. (Female has a very purplish belly/body)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
kribs arent great in a community they get VERY aggressive when breeding. good luck.
So far they've been well behaved, I have the 10's if there is a lot of aggression.

Woke up this morning to see the kribs hanging out together, more digging too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store