120 Gallon Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EBJD

AC Members
Oct 11, 2011
Projected Stocking list:
Tank (LxDxH): 60 x 18 x 26 inch (121.6gUS)
Filters: Rena Filstar XP3, Marineland Penguin 350B, Marineland Penguin 350B

Selected species: [Edit Species]
6 x Clown Loach (Chromobotia macracanthus) In tank!
6 x Tiger Barb (Puntius tetrazona) In Tank!
8 x Marbled Hatchet (Carnegiella strigata)
1 x Zebra Pleco (Hypancistrus zebra)
1 x Gold Nugget Pleco L177 (Baryancistrus sp. L177)
1 x Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare)
1 x Severum (Heros efascticious)
1 x Redhead Severum (Heros sp. Rotkeil)
1 x Firemouth (Thorichthys meeki)
1 x Electric Blue Jack Dempsey (Rocio octofasciaturn)
2 x Blood Parrot (Blood Parrot)

The tank as it sits
2011-10-11_12-10-09_737.jpg

2011-10-11_12-10-09_737.jpg

EBJD

AC Members
Oct 11, 2011
I obviously have alot of work to do with aquascaping and i have a background in the works, (i had originally planned on keeping a single flowerhorn, but after much consideration i know i wouldnt be happy with a single fish)

I want to do plants! although i know little to nothing about them, i would love to get a few amazon sword and other tall plants to put in the back for now my substrate is play sand, so i guess ill be putting the plants in little pots then burying them in the sand.

EBJD

AC Members
Oct 11, 2011
well, woke up to a suprise this morning, ammonia readings, guess my old filter media didnt exactly cycle the tank as i thought it had :(, and to make things worse one of my loaches was scratching himself on the decor (early sign of ich/ick :( ) so cranked temp to 86 added salt and bought some seachem stability to try and help my cycle, this is just great :mad2:

EBJD

AC Members
Oct 11, 2011
Well I guess its just goin thru a mini cycle or Summin.. this morning I had nitrite readings and my ammonia was down to .25 so hopefully by the 21st I will have nitrate readings and be able to add some more fishies, the clown coaches are loving this tank, using all the space in it to dart from one side to the other

EBJD

AC Members
Oct 11, 2011
You may want to rethink plants with the severums...they will be shredded!!
Yeah, that combined with how little I know about plants has made me decide to just get a few fake ones and add lots of rocks and driftwood, goin to a river in the morning and will hopefully be able to find em there

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
hey i have a blood parrot that im thinking about selling bc he will get too large. i would LOVE for him to go into your tank bc i know he'll get the care he deserves, if yhour interested in him PM me.

EBJD

AC Members
Oct 11, 2011
Sweet! Nitrate readings, 0 ammonia and less then .25 nitrite

4 day cycle :) don't know if its from the media from other tank or the sachem stability

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
awesome looking so far ;D and I like the looks of the stockig too, hope it all goes well :D

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
well, woke up to a surprise this morning, ammonia readings, guess my old filter media didn't exactly cycle the tank as i thought it had :(, and to make things worse one of my loaches was scratching himself on the decor (early sign of ich/ich :( ) so cranked temp to 86 added salt and bought some seachem stability to try and help my cycle, this is just great :mad2:
It might not be ich. Loaches are very very sensitive to anything you add to the tank, like fertilizers, etc. Mine almost drove me crazy thinking they were coming down with something but not showing any of the symptoms other than flashing, so purely by the process of elimination I discovered it was my liquid ferts that was the culprit. They were always the worst when I did the weekly water change and added the Flourish(I think that's what it was called). Once I eliminated that, no more flashing.

ps...Going to be a FABULOUS looking tank!! :clap::clap::clap:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store