How did they do this?!?!?! Fake plants for Oscar :D

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
Looking up some Oscar vids on youtube, I ran across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Gf0z4_qNQ&feature=related

I am getting a 75 gallon aquarium soon, and it's gonna be an O tank with 15 oscars and 2 jack dempseys ...JUST KIDDING. :p: (Only ONE oscar shall go in there, contemplating what color and if I want a veiltail or not, still don't know if I think it's cute or ugly)

But how could I go about making my tank look like that guys? Is the background 3d or just a paper background?Bbut how did they do the plants? Do you know what type/links to where I can buy them?

Okay so went to another vid and saw he wrote they are New Laurel Hanging Bush - Olive Green, are they fish safe?

Thanks!!

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
But how did they group them and get them stay like that? And up the sides and everything?

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
But for the top? Did they somehow attach them to the top?

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
it looks like they have a 3-D fake background; my guess is they siliconed or attached in some other way the plants to the background in bunches

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Neither of my oscars do well with decor or plants, real or fake. They dont descriminate, they shred it all. Heck they even move the gravel around, pile it up in the corners of the tank.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Neither of my oscars do well with decor or plants, real or fake. They dont descriminate, they shred it all. Heck they even move the gravel around, pile it up in the corners of the tank.

Mine do the same thing. Nothing is safe in the tank with them, not even other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store