rescaping my 10 gallon.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok so i need plant suggestions, and help on how to scape this tank. i plan on changing the filter to an AC 20 on the lowest flow bc the sponge filters gonna go to my shrimp tank. i have crypts(middle back), aponogeton(beside the sponge filter), a jungle val(in the right corner), rotala(floating trying to make them grow bigger), chain sword(front middle), a banna plant(front right corner). i need something in the front left corner mostly. i want this to be a very heavily planted tank. lighting is 2 15 watt flourescent bulbs from walmart(the swirly looking kind). i plan on dosing excell probably(does that hurt crypts or vals?), or maybe DIY Co2.

sorry about the algae. im trying to use plants to out compete it.

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
first, I would get rid of that pile of rocks. then, I would say put rotala where the sponge filter is and where the rocks are. extend the crypts in the middle a little towards the rotala bunches, add a few more chain swords.

hook up some DIY CO2 to a powerhead diffusor, maybe toss in some hornwort to use up excess nutrients while the other plants all take hold, since it looks like you have a bit of an algae problem.

definitely do DIY CO2, though, its worth it, IMO.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i kinda like the rocks though. for like a vocal point. maybe ill replace the rocks with some driftwood. ill have to wait a little while to buy the AC20. i dont know why but i can get rotala indica to grow more than 2 inches. i might get some ottos soon just bc i like them and maybe theyll eat some of the algae. if not ill have to feed zuccini and such. i dont know yet though. how tall does rotala usually grow?

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Looks very.. bleh... Scrub off that algae.

That sponge filter is too big for that small of a tank, a HOB would be best.

That plant is getting sucked up like crazy also, I would do a HOB filter,

Scatter the rocks out a bit, put the small plants around the rocks, and the big ones opposite side of the inlet for the HOB filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store