Balloon belly molly pregnant?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I have both male and female BB mollies in my tank and I was wondering how to tell if she is pregnant? She is looking rather rounder than ususal but the thing I saw about her that was odd was there is a very dark region on her backside now... not on top but something inside and I know for platies they get that dark area on their back side, she doesnt show me often enough to get a pic and a male (ofc the ugliest one) is always around her. Just wondering if she is pregnant so I could isolate her as I really like BB mollies and would want to see how the babies came out since all of mine are funky colors! I do have another 10 gal tank w/ cycled water that I could put her in but I dont want to stress her out for no reason.
CIMG0403.jpg male
2011-09-29210303.jpg Female is just above the blue guarami, I just noticed this big black/dark region today.

CIMG0403.jpg 2011-09-29210303.jpg

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
If the black region is right above/below the anal fin, then yes, your molly is pregnant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store