10g Palu Re-Do

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Hey guys, I'm planning on redoing my 10 gallon paludarium, and I'm looking for help with plants. So far I have built a 3D spray foam back ground to fit the 10" side of a 10g (the depth?) and was planning on silliconing it in once my 10 is nice and dry. I'm planning on making this 3/4 water level high, and having the land be 1/3 of the length. No terrestrial animals, at the most there will be a betta or shrimp. Anyways, questions:

1. What are some easy starter plants for growing terestrially?

2. What substrate should I use for the dry land?

3. What are some cheap/easy lighting choices? I have a couple 50 watt desk lamps and big floor lamp with 3 50watt bulbs lying around if that helps.

4. What are some good half in, half out plants?

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try to get some pics of the background tommorow.

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
To answer your questions:
1) Spaths, salagnella (spelling),pothos, bromeliads
2) I use organic peat based potting mix capped with coconut fiber for my frog terrarium and the same potting mix capped with sand in a 5g aquarium.
3) I use a desk lamp with a low wattage ceiling light (one of those spiral, energy saving globes) for my frog terrarium and for my 15 gallon aquarium, sothey are fine
4) Spaths, water wisteria, lucky bamboo, pothos

I hope I could help you :D

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Thanks! I'm going to pick-up some soil once I have enough money, and then a bunch of pothos will come next.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
If you're not planning on terrestrial animals, I'd just do a high humidity riparium: capable of growing cryptocorynes, swords and such in riparium planters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store