Bolivian Rams Have Spawned-Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JBarbaresi

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Goode, VA
I just finished up with my weekly water change earlier today and noticed my alpha male Bolivian Ram acting rather aggressive towards a 7" severum. Other than it being a little odd I thought nothing more of it. When the same ram started fighting with a 13" Oscar he also shares the tank with, I thought something was up. Upon further inspection I found what he was guarding, a fresh batch of eggs being laid by one of my female rams. I don't know anything about breeding rams and wasn't trying to do so, this is just a fluke. It was still interesting nonetheless so I thought I'd take a few pictures before the plecos find the eggs and devour them. The oscar is very tolerant of the smaller fish, but he doesn't seem to enjoy being bullied by someone so much smaller, hope everyone makes it through the night ok.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
WOW. That's a big oscar. Looks like it could eat the rams. Congrats on the spawn too!

JBarbaresi

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Goode, VA
WOW. That's a big oscar. Looks like it could eat the rams. Congrats on the spawn too!
if you feel up to it check the video in my sig. everything is the same with exception of the red eye tetras which were removed because they just stayed at the surface and bugged me.

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Holy beautiful Bolivian Rams!

Congrats!! I guess, since you weren't really wanting them.. lol

If you get swimmers, you should go pick up a 10gal and grow them out in there and sell me some! :D

JBarbaresi

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Goode, VA
Holy beautiful Bolivian Rams!

Congrats!! I guess, since you weren't really wanting them.. lol

If you get swimmers, you should go pick up a 10gal and grow them out in there and sell me some! :D
i doubt the eggs will make it through the night with two 8"+ plecos in the tank. i read it should be about 3 days before i get any swimmers, so we will see. gotta see if the eggs even got fertilized since this is their first spawn. where do you live?

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Your Rams are gorgeous, good luck! Just watched your video,lol, I want to know
how that Oscar didn't eat those little guys swimming around him. Years back
my Oscars ate anything that was small enough to fit in their mouths!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store