my betta is super lazy! latest craze: chillin on the filter intake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cutie_monster

big cutie monster
Sep 14, 2006
tazewell, TN
Real Name
brandy
ok so my lazy betta has gone from laying on his plants to recently laying against the filter intake. it has really low pull or suction and also a nylon pantyhose rubber-banded around the pipe part. he can get off it with ease, hes not sick, and can really move quick when he wants to. oh, and he flares at ME on a regular basis. i think my fish may be a weirdo ;) just felt like sharing.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
my female loves chilling by the output of my filter. then once she sees me she thinks it might be food time and wags

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
I haven't had a betta is years....very tempting

Sindorei

Apteronotus albifrons
Oct 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Sheila
I have duckweed on the top of my betta 10g, and I've actually had my female jump on top of it and lay outside the water. And every time I clean it and put my hand in there, they're both all over my swimming in between my fingers. :) It's so cute.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
^+1 only my male giant plakat does it on frogbit. Some of my veiltails get pretty lazy though...

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
my female veiltail is a born worker, she never stops moving...ever, its my wife's male that will wind himself up in the plants until he's got a nice fishy hammock made out of the water lettuce roots and then he'll chill there until we show up with food.

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
I have a huge meaty crowntail that sleeps in the java moss like a fluffy bed, my veil tail sleeps on driftwood and my moms male halfmoon is always moving. I love my bettas, each with their own personality, and you can tell that they really appreciate being out of those cups.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store