More than one three spot?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
Hi!

I've got a lovely blue three spot gourami right now in my planted 40. There are a few neons (can't seem to ever get a good count) with him and nothing else. We'd love maybe 2 more gouramis, but have read conflicting info about whether or not this will work. Thoughts? Have you had success with more than one three spot in a tank? problems with more than one?

Thanks, Brandy

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Figure out whether or not the gourami you have is male or female.

If the gourami you have is male: you can get two to three more FEMALES, no more males.

If the gourami you have is female: you can get two more females and one male (or three females and no male).

If you do have a male and several females, add lot's of floating plants and depending on how the neons act, you could get some successful spawns.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Oh btw if you don't want breeding, you could get all females of the lavender, opaline, and gold variations. Technically all are the same species but you don't want interbreeding.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Anal fin will often have a bright outline of orange or red in males of goldens and opalines, not surea bout the three spots. If you could get a good quality pi. I might be able to help you out.
(males are often about an 1" longer full grown)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store