Algae in multi tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Some kind of brown algae growing on the sides, rocks, shells, and sand of my multi tank. Overfeeding is definetely not the problem this time. I manage to keep the algae off the acrylic with a toothbrush but what can I do about the stuff on the rocks, shells, and sand? I would take the decor out to clean it but I don't want to risk killing any of my babies. Any ideas? It's an Eclipse 12 so no room for any other permanent residents.
(Only two adults...and there have been 5 batches of fry within the 4 weeks it's been set up...busy busy busy lol)

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
Add nerites, they're the only way i can handle my africa tank, i can't stand algae, but i also can't bring myself to fill it with fast growing plants...go go nerites!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
I hadn't thought about snails....any Tanganyikan varieties I could add, I like to have all my fish/inverts from the same area?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
I might be tempted for those rabbit snails...if i do...some are goin in my Sulawesi shrimp tanks!!:naughty:

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
I have 3 tanks set up with Tangy's, 20g long with 5 Alto Sumus', 26g bow with 5 punks and 125g with multi's and BCWP calvus, all planted somewhat with PFS as substrate. I have nerites in all three tanks, along with bn pleco's. I did fight diatoms and green hair algae for the first 4 months each tank was set up. Keeping up on wc's, ridding the infected leaves, adding excel daily and using rootmedic root tabs along with the snails and bn's, I'm happy to report 90% of all algae is gone.

Google Azgarden reviews before ordering from them. I order my inverts and bn's from msjinkzd who is a seller here on AC. You won't be disappointed with her stock, or her customer service.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
I think I'll be going with the rabbits (mainly so I can add some to my Sulawesi tanks) and I'll also be looking into ordering from msjinkzd, looked at her site before, seems to have pretty good stock and no bad ratings yet!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
you'd be hard pressed to find a legitimate reason to give rachel a bad review. just my opinion, but i'm willing to bet plenty of others would agree and you won't find someone who doesn't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store