OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MY ABN GAVE BIRTH AND FRY ARE SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Hey guys

so i had like 10 of these large clay pots........the 6" ones with the 4" diameter in my 29G with my angel bereding pair and ABN pair......and today i look in and i see the daddy in the cave, while doing my 50% WC, and bam.......i see hundreds of eggs(actually only 75)
and 1/2 of them are out of the shells swimming in the pot next to daddy in their pot;)
super cute!!!!!!!they haev the egg sacs attached...........so what do i do now?????
i took them out........cave and all and put them into the hang on plastic thing......no hole in it.......getting pics soon!!!!!super cute;)

so excited right now!

what do to? please help!!!!!!!!!!!

i can get them into a empty 20G if i need to!!!!:)

thx

:help:

;)

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
You should let daddy take care of them. He knows what he is doing. Best to remove them into their own tank (daddy with cave and eggs/fry). Don't feed them until their sack is gone. I think the eggs also need current which helps the eggs from fungus. Put in a filter, facing into the cave.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
going to petco to get a 5G tank for the fry
as i don't have room for my 20G;)

yaay! wish me luck!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
You should let daddy take care of them. He knows what he is doing. Best to remove them into their own tank (daddy with cave and eggs/fry). Don't feed them until their sack is gone. I think the eggs also need current which helps the eggs from fungus. Put in a filter, facing into the cave.
thx;) actually, daddy just left eh eggs remainging;)
i am so happy!
and btw. thx;)

and also, for current, should they be fine in a 5G with an aqueon 10? covered with sponge of course. and could i put the daddy in?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
also, almost all of them are free swimming

i got them into a bowl

will they be fine for 20 min like that? i got a lamp over them........

alliebally157

AC Members
Jun 4, 2011
should be fine, just make sure there isnt too much direct light and the current isnt too strong but other than that should be fine for the time being :)

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I'm not sure since mine never kicked the eggs out. Usually if he kicked them out, he doesn't want them so I think it is best to raise them yourself. Have enough current, that won't push the eggs around, so that it mimics the dad, fanning them in the cave.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
thanks!!:)

i just got a 10G from petco as it was 10 bucks vs. a 5.5G which was $15......;)
setting it up now;)

they seem to be wiggling a lot.........r they cold?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store