Breeding BNP'S

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
Hi i had a ??? i bought 5 baby albino bns and now they have grown up very slowly if i say so. i ended up with 4 i have been waiting and waiting for fry or signs to sex them. i also have reg bn. so the 4 albinos i have i think is all females so i take a reg bn and put him with them and in about a week i see wigglers...will they all be brown or will the colour up to be like the albino mom.My sister has a few extra Albino males shes going to sell and iam getting one from her to put with the females...but at the time i have about 50 babies from the reg bn and the albino bn. but the odd thing is none of the females have any little bristles not even one..........so is there something wrong there or what..thanks for any help guys and gals.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
It is not uncommon for females to have small to no bristles. However, yours still may be young and they might appear in the next few months. Then again, if all were from the same brood, it may be a mutation. Keep in mind I have no experience with breeding them, but I have kept the standard BSP's for a while.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Just have to wait and see how the fry turn out, albino's will be pretty obvious by the time they're free-swimming. I had a trio of regular brown BN that also produced some albino fry last year. I sold them to make room for breeding super reds, but ended up with some of their brown offspring growing out in various tanks. Those have now matured and started breeding, and have been producing some albino, calico, and super red fry along with the brown fry in each spawn.

starfishplus

AC Members
Feb 28, 2005
in N.C
ok thanks i think the male i used with that female is a calico, these are some that i had raise from a pair of reg bns. and i sold alot of them then as they got bigger i found out some was calicos.but i never got any albinos from them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store