Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Trout Boy1

AC Members
Oct 13, 2011
Guilford, CT
Real Name
Jesse Gardziel
I have been running a ten gallon tank for six weeks now. I just took a test and all of the parameters are perfect. I ordered six more fish. I didn't even think of how that would affect the aquarium. Now if I add stress coat or another medication after adding the fish will it be safe. Am I doomed. I won't be able to get the fish into another tank either. What should I do?!

Danny-O

How do I change my user title?
Mar 4, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.howmanyfish.com
What fish do you already have, or was a fishless cycle? What kind and size of fish did you order? When you say "perfect parameters," what exactly are the numbers? You can get more specific answers with than info.

But in the meantime, assuming a cycled tank to begin with, do frequent water changes until the cycle catches up. I'd avoid any medications, other than Prime or whatever water treatment you normally use.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
What fish do you already have, or was a fishless cycle? What kind and size of fish did you order? When you say "perfect parameters," what exactly are the numbers? You can get more specific answers with than info.

But in the meantime, assuming a cycled tank to begin with, do frequent water changes until the cycle catches up. I'd avoid any medications, other than Prime or whatever water treatment you normally use.
That pretty much covered everything I was thinking. More information would help us answer your question.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
pH is 7 amonia is 0 nitrates good nitrites good. the fish I have are 2 cory cats and a male platnum sailfin mollie
Nitrites should be 0. Nitrates < 20. What fish did you order?

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
You will prob need to do a fair number of water changes with 9 fish in a 10 gallon, or at least, you may want to upgrade your filtration so that the tank is "overfiltered" (e.g. Aquaclear 30). What sort of filtration are you using?

iljadej

AC Members
Oct 17, 2011
The stress coat is fine as the newer ones are also tap water conditioners and hey, the aloe vera can't hurt. I am assuming you plan on investing in a larger tank in the near future so buy a much larger rated filter (aquaclear 50) that you can also be effective in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store