Best goldfish and betta food?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
What do you feed your goldies and bettas?

For a while now I've been trying to find the best goldfish staple food but there's a couple problems I have run into. I can't find soft crumbles in any high quality brand, and I wanted to feed crumbles because I read it's best if goldfish eat sinking foods and not gulp so much surface air. I think I found crumbles one time(years ago at petco) but it was like $5 for a tiny jar of it(probably would only last me a week) and the brand was HBH I think. I want something of high quality. I feed my goldies veggies, kelp flakes, algae wafer, occasional blood worms(or whatever frozen food I happen to thaw) as well as some cheap pellets(aqueon I think), I just haven't been able to find any high quality food for my goldfish locally. What do you feed yours? I'm willing to order online if shipping isn't horrible.

Next my bettas, recently I've saved a couple of very small bettas that were starving because they were being given betta pellets that were the size of their heads practically. I've been feeding them frozen/thawed blood worms which they absolutely love. I don't mind feeding them blood worms everyday but I'm sure it's not meeting the nutritional requirements that they need. I've tried feeding them flakes(which I'm weary about as I've heard that it'll stick to the stomach wall causing swim bladder disease)but they outright are refusing flake and they just stare at me until blood worms are dropped in. They don't seem to care for other frozen foods either, just blood worms. Any suggestions? What high quality brands do you use?

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Have you tried Atison's betta food? I always fed mine Atison's and the bettas did well. Not sure on the goldfishes as I've never kept them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store