BIG surprise!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so today i was netting out some of my ghost shrimp for the 10 gallon and i noticed 2 fry! they mustve hitched a ride in the zava moss from my killfish tank. i dont know how im going to feed them. all i have and can get is hikari first bites which were fine for my cutteri cichlids but i dont know about the killifish. i guess the java moss has some food they could eat.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
is ur tank brackish bc i though ghost shrimp only breed in brackish or SW??? or am i wrong

congrats;)

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
Ground up flake.... What I feed my fry and they grow to be big! So long as they don't get eaten.

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
I put a HUGE amount in a Zip-Loc* bag, and just sit watching TV for a few mins smashing/grounding it up... shaking it a bit to evenly smash it all up... repeat for a few minutes.

But for reference.. about the consistency of powder..

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Live BBS is always the best. I've never feed my killies dry food as it makes them grow slower and more stunted looking, in my experience. Once they are big enough, I switch them to frozen bloodworms, brine shrimps, live blackworms, or grindal worms with an occasional algae wafer mixed (for snails but they tend to pick at it too).

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
will they be ok on the dry for a few weeks? i really wish someone would be these darn hamsters and their cages so i can afford some stuff!!!

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Not sure if they will survive that long without some other source of food but they will most likely eat whatever is on the moss compare to the dried food. Mine never touched the dried food (tried dried BBS) and the snails ended up eating it instead. Most of them may die off if you don't find a food they actually will eat (see them eating it).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store