Dragon Goby Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Hello,
Let me start off by saying I know now what I did was really stupid and I am ashamed of myself, but I was at a LPS and saw a dragon goby and I just had to have one. :uhoh: I brought him home and dropped him in my 20 gallon. It's only until my 75 gets done cycling soon and he's basically the only fish in the 20 gallon right now. I know they are brackish fish, but that they can tolerate freshwater. I put salt in the tank before I put him in. Here is my dilema:
It will still be a few months until I am ready to get my cichlids that I plan to stock my 75 gallon with, so if I decided to keep him, I would only have him for a few months until I turned him in to my LFS with my 3 bala sharks. I do enjoy him, but I found out they only eat meat and I can't really afford to buy expensive fish food for him. Not only that, but if I kept him with my cichlids the poor thing would be harassed to death(most likely). Should I try to take him back to the LPS that I bought him from? And if they won't take him, should I just keep him until I'm ready to change fish? :thud:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I would find a LFS and either give it away or trade it to them for credits with the store. Sooner then later, IMHO

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Thanks for the promt reply fish,

I was thinking that as well because I don't want the fish to suffer because I can't provide for him. >.<;; He is pretty cool though :)

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
i wanted one for awhile, but then i learned more about them and realized i couldnt afford to set up a tank big enough for him. cool fish, but if i were you try an d trade him into a lfs or return him maybe.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I'll search for a local lfs that might trade him for something tomorrow most likely since all of them are closed now

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store