Time?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CerenaDaft

AC Members
Oct 17, 2011
www.youtube.com
Recently I have gotten into the fish hobby. I have 4 mollies in my tank and three of them are pregnant. I was wondering what time of day they usually give birth because I really want to watch for the experience.

The one that isn't pregnant just gave birth and her fry were in the tank so the lady who was getting the fish for me gave me a couple. They are in a breeder box with all of the stuff out of it along with two other fry that I rescued from one of the first births of my molly.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Mine have generally given birth at night of when I'm not there. Good luck catching them in the process!

rourk89

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Waterford, Mi
Mine as well gave birth in the evening, I came home from dinner and got to watch the second half of her first birth about 3 weeks ago. I noticed that when I put her in her breeder box she spent alot of time in the corner resting on the bottom about a day and a half before giving birth

CerenaDaft

AC Members
Oct 17, 2011
www.youtube.com
I don't really want to put them in a breeder box because they get very stressed and three are pregnant. My breeder box only has two compartments when i add the divider.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
If you have hiding spots in your tank then most fry will probably survive.

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
WATER CHANGES!!!!

Out of all of the female mollies I have had that have given birth... they ALWAYS let go either RIGHT after a water change, or a few hours later... may be just my lick.. but that's my experience.

I first had started out with mollies, I actually love those little things! lol

Every female I have EVER bought.. was prego... giving me about 50+ fry each.. with 95% survival rate... key to having surviving fry is to have a floating scrub, I went to petsmart, bought a pack of these grass and leafy looking maybe 5"x5" square plots things... drilled two little holes in the rim of the ledge on my tank top, and put zip ties in the holes I drilled and the holes of the grass square.. All fry I have ever had have grown up in that one pad.. it works great, they can sleep/lay on the leaves till they are ready to swim around.

CerenaDaft

AC Members
Oct 17, 2011
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the tip. Its just about time for the week's water change anyways. Don't worry I have many places for the babies to hide.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store