new clown loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rourk89

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Waterford, Mi
Just bought a new clown loach for my 55 G. the guy I bought him from said regular flake food will work, or lettuce, or algae wafers would work to feed him. is there anything else that would work, as well as what is the best option for feeding him?

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
I've never found Clown Loaches to be fussy. Mine will pretty much gobble up anything I drop in the tank, flakes, freeze dried, frozen, pellets. They're really curious so they'll come out to investigate anything you drop in there. Have you got some good hiding spots for him?

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
You need at least 2 more, preferably 4 more. They get very shy and reclusive by themselves. With 5 they are amazing and fun. WIth one or two they are sad.

TommyR

Add water, makes it's own sauce!
Dec 15, 2004
Hudson Valley of N.Y.
Mine love peas! I feed them shrimp pellets in the morning and sinking wafers in the evening. Peas on occasion.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Mine liked almost any food: flake, pellet or frozen plus romaine or zucchini 2-3 times a week. They need friends & eventually a bigger tank. How big is he?

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
Mine will eat pretty much anything including and eggs/fry available *L*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store