Altolamprologus compressiceps (Chaitika orange fin)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Shame on me, I have been treating my orange fin comps like the Rodney Dangerfield of my fish room. I probably have about 100 to 150 F1 Altolamprologus compressiceps (Chaitika orange fin) fry in one of my 55 gallon tanks. I decided to pull out a group of the larger ones (which are probably close to 2") and put them in a 10 gallon photography tank. They really are a great looking fish (or so I think 8) ). I guess, when they get to 2" I should probably stop calling them "fry" and start calling them "juvies." In any event, here are a few pics of them in the 10 gallon tank.

CLICK ON IMAGES TO SEE IN ORIGINAL/LARGER SIZE

F1 Altolamprologus compressiceps (Chaitika orange fin)
These two dudes where battling for the shell near the front of the tank which allowed me to get some nice shots of the battle...
Which is, precisely, why I placed that shell near the front of the tank :lol:
Altolamps are a very fun species to watch while they jockey for dominance.

I love the "namesake" orange fin

Take care,
Russ

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Beautiful pics, as always Russ. I need to set up a couple tanks just for Comps.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah i have about 20 of the A. Compressiceps Orange Mwela some are getting close to 2" can't wait to see what these turn into..

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Yeah i have about 20 of the A. Compressiceps Orange Mwela some are getting close to 2" can't wait to see what these turn into..
Pitt, I think you'll like them. You Mwela should look pretty similar to my Chaitika group. Here's a peak into the future for ya :)

Here's the wild parents of the above pictured F1 fry

Russ

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store