rare black moor?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tabbykay

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
sevierville tn
Real Name
Tabitha
so I went to a nice fish place and saw the black moor. in a tank of easy sixty of the little guys one stood out to me he was black of course but had gold and orange all over him. I wanted him and had to buy him the lady that checked me out had said she never saw one like that before? what does that mean?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
It means it's lower quality fish from a Goldfish fancier's viewpoint. Black Moors the the size of ping pong balls that are totally black are very common, but as they grow most turn that brassy orange color you're seeing. Find an individual for sale the size of a baseball that's totally black and see what the asking price is!

tabbykay

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
sevierville tn
Real Name
Tabitha
he is losing most of his black now but growing pretty fast and has a great personality idc if he is cheap i love the ittle guy

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Cool fish! Hope he stays looking like he does in that pic.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
He will probably get more orange over time, it seems that temperature has some effect on the color changing properties of black moors. Black is the most difficult color to keep stable. Cool fish, though! I had a black moor that had a lot of gold on him, he was mixed with Ryukin I'm pretty sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store