My outdoor pond

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
80gal. Is home to 2 fantails and some firetail gudgeons.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Very modern, almost Japanese looking.

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
Thanx guys :D

Recycling at its best just there *LOL*

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
Thanx guys :D

Recycling at its best just there *LOL*
Before I saw your post I was about to say it looked like a fridge, guess I was right:grinno: Looks good, keep those goldies warm for winter.

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
Upright Freezer it was....originally this

Goldies love the extra room

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
How did you make that water tight and what is your filtration? I have an old chest freezer and I absolutely love that look, but have no idea how to go about doing something like what you have. So classy and sleek looking!

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
We fibreglassed any holes left from gutting it. The pond is not filtered, not enough bioload to warrent it. I am though looking at a solar water fountain for it just to get some surface movement.

Please be aware - - - It is highly illegal to knowingly degass a fridge or freezer into the atmosphere, it needs to be done by a professional that can collect it correctly. The freezer pictured had stopped cooling, after getting it checked we were able to gut it ourselves without deliberatly releasing the gas as there was none left to release (freezer had leaked the refridgerant thats why it seemed to run perfectly but no longer cooled)

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Ah, ok. I'll look into it to see how much it would cost to get that done. Its almost winter anyways, plenty of time to research! Thanks for the info!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store