loaches and walstad/mts setup?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiveMermaid07

Bloody Mary. As in, hand me one.
Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
Hello!

I recently redid one of my tanks with about 1 - 1.5" miracle grow organic potting mix (the one specifically mentioned in 'walstad book') and topped with about 1" of pfs.

I have a bronze cory in there (who has already brought up some dirt lol), but I'm wondering if it would be ok to put my black khulie loaches back in this tank?

I've only been able to read excerpts (sp?) of her book so far and what I can find on the net, but I know she says no burrowing digging fish, but I thought maybe some here have tried it anyway.
I really really don't want to have to get rid of my khulies if I don't have to.

It is planted, not heavily yet, still getting things to grow and come back, but more than light I think. It does have 4 or 5 largish swords and several other plants.

Is it bad (what bad/how bad?) if some of the dirt ends up on top?

They were in this tank before so water is fine (params') and they have hiding spots ('cept it's now deeper water wise than before so the newish lights that were so bright before are now really dim lol), I'm just concerned about there digging and burrowing might cause some problem?
Or injure them somehow? (I don't know if it's safe for them to 'jump' into dirt..??)

Is there really any good reason I can't keep them in this setup?

29g, AC70 & AC50 & medium sponge filter. for now.

I'd really like to know if anyone has tried this before.
Thanks! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store