FS $30 - Oak trim 29 gallon w/stndrd hood & light, homemade oak stand - Pick Up - 34479

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Hey everyone. I have this listed in my local classifieds as well as Craigslist...rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm just going to use the same description.

I live in NE Ocala, near Jumbolair (John Travolta's house, for those not familiar with the local attractions :p:)

29 gallon tank for sale, 30.25" x 12.5" x 18.75" (standard dimensions)

Dark oak (mahogany?) wood trim, with matching hood and fluorescent light strip.

Includes a very sturdy, homemade oak stand.

This setup is in rough but serviceable shape, have had it running for several years.

The bottom is painted green on the outside, which doesn't show with substrate.

$30, price dropped from $40, and I will consider any offers!

Thanks for looking :thm:

When someone asked me what I meant by "rough but serviceable shape" this is what I wrote to them:

This is an older tank that I've had for a few years, I bought it used. It came with a crack (more like a separation, as it's not jagged) on the *trim* on both the middle front and the middle back of the dark oak (mahogany?) trim. It doesn't affect the tank itself at all, as the trim doesn't do anything much - no center brace or anything. The tank itself has no chips or cracks, but the silicone looks tired. It's a bit scratched up, although it looks clear once water is in it. Overall, it definitely looks well used.

The wooden stand is just something a friend built me, it's rather crude. However it's very heavily built, sturdy enough to hold a tank much heavier (like a column tank of the same dimensions). I'm sure it could be stained to look more attractive, or oiled.

The hood matches the tank, it's this one:
http://www.amazon.com/All-Glass-Aquarium-Fluorescent-Deluxe-Full/dp/B0002AS5D2
It's not original, as the one that came with the tank burnt out. It comes with a bulb, a 30" Coralife Colormax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store