Violet needs help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cupcake76

AC Members
Oct 15, 2011
omaha
I did post this in the newbie forum, and then found this forum, so I thought I would give it a shot too

I am really worried about this little guy, he was living in a 55, but was acting super shy and wouldn't come out to eat. A few days ago I moved him into his own 10 gallon tank, with another blue dwarf. Pipsqueak, the second one, seemed to bully this one so I put him back today. This guy is super skinny, and sways back and forth in place. He was doing that in the other tank too. He did eat some yesterday and the day before, but today he is not eating. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with him or what I should do? The water tests in both tanks are perfect, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 40 nitrates.​

cupcake76

AC Members
Oct 15, 2011
omaha
He is in a 10 gallon tank which has been running for 4 months, and used to have my guppys in it. He is living with 2 ghost shrimp. The tank has an underground filter, and a aqueon quiet flow 10 filter. I have a API master test kit, Ph is 7.6, ammonia 0, nitrates 40, nitrites 0. I tried giving him a pea, but he wasn't interested. I also tried bloodworms, and flakes. He is moving around a bit more, but is just soooo skinny and sad looking :-( also, I do 20% waterchanges once a week with prime.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store