julie and garra ruffa

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

swarm O gobys

AC Members
May 5, 2011
so i just got 3 garra ruffa and a julie. the julie has no intent to hurt them but yet the garra jump when ever it moves. is this cuz the garra know its a cichlid or what is it kinda wierd cuz my julie will look at them they all jump then he goes back to his cave and does that every so many minutes like he is enjoying scaring them. and the garra are really active is this right cuz i thought a loach wouldnt be moving this much. or did i get a fish that isnt what they said ill post pics soon

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
What size tank?

Also, julies LOVE rocks and it doesn't seem like you have a lot other than that one structure from what I can see.

I'm not sure how compatible this mix will be long term. I've had julies become quite territorial. More so breeding pairs, but even individual adults.

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
I have 3 adult garra rufa in a 75G; they seem to be always on the move. They were in with adult red claw macro shrimp for awhile and just moved on when any shrimp got too close.

More cover wouldn't hurt.

swarm O gobys

AC Members
May 5, 2011
everything evened out the julie is now like never even hiding in the rocks he is constantly swimming around the tank an very bold and the garra have calmed down and now arnt jumpie around the julie no more. i just saw all of them all over the rocks looking for food. and the garra they will start out on the bottom and meeet up with eachother then both swim in a clock wise circle swimming to the top of the water then they kinda do a spash and then dart back to the bottom and they do that like a few times then they stop. but it only goes on with two of them not all three is this a breeding sign or something? also they stay in that pair then the other one kinda does his own thing. away from the other two

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store