will my syndontis get eatin?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i just got 5 baby syndontis petricola. theyre 1 inch or less and im scared they'll get eatin by my 4-6 inch blood parrot in the 55 gallon. should i put them in a 10 gallon with a gold ram until i give away the BP?

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
no worries man

you un-hydrodynamic blood parrot will have a hard time catching your swift synos

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
No guarantees, but mine was about 1" when he was spit out in a tank full of Malawi carnivores. Hasn't been bothered since. lol

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
hahahah. ok ill put them in then. now ive heard to just temp acclimate with shipped fish bc the ph will be so low that the ammonia isnt that harmful and when you bring it back up the ammonia gets worse so should i just temp acclimate??

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Yes, with shipped fish the safest method is plop n' drop (assuming equal temperatures). With local bagged fish (when no ammonia has had time to build up) drip acclimation may be okay, but I don't even do that anymore.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok cool. theyre all in the tank. is it too soon to do a water change? bc today is the 55 gallons day for a water change but i could switch it for the small thanks water change day(tomorrow) but the water level is getting low and there's alot of current pushing on them.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Personally, I'd hold off on the water change if possible and give them awhile to become unstressed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store