blood parrot sticking to the top!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so recently(probably today my BP has been staying at the top of the tank. he's either upside down, tail towards the top of the water, sideways, or just at the top. he doesnt seem to be able to swim much. mostly hes been in his cave which i thought he was beginning to perk up and that the rescape just freaked him out. what could this be? i just added 5 syndontis petricolla to the tank today(didnt add the water to the tank), and my params are ammo-0, nitrites-0, and nitrates-20-40(todays supposed to be water change day and i missed there water change last week bc i ran out of water conditioner and then went away for the weekend. so theyll get a 50% tomorrow. the water level is low so plenty of surface aggitation. could this be swim bladder disease? is that treatable? is it contagious?

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Sounds like swimbladder. Try to get some peas in him if you can. If not... Epsom salts act as a natural laxative and might help. Its not contagious.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
would epsom salt be ok with catfish?? i can get peas tomorrow hopefully.
Idk... Do some research, if they have scales they should be ok... But if not they could be at risk. But then again... Epsom is different then aquarium... It's supposed to be easier on FW fishes systems.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
they dont have scales theyre CATFISH LOL. thats why catfish are awesome. anyway ill get peas. i dont wanna risk the cats when theyre so little.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store