Food & feeding regimen

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Weasel6

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
St. Matthews,SC
Visit site
I recently restocked all my tanks from a devastating ice storm and power outage. I got a pair of Angelfish in one tank and read that they need a varied diet. I also got a pair of of yng. Blue Acaras and Kribs (sep. tanks). I consider myself an intermediate fishkeeper and never really thought of diets much less "varied" diets before until the Angels. What I currently feed everybody is primarily Tetra Color flakes, freeze-dried bloodworms and Tubifex worms and shrimp pellets, although I think they are to small to eat the pellets just yet. Is this vaired enough? I feed twice a day, once with flakes and the other time with a choice of a FD food. I figure I'll vary everbody and not just the Angels for better health. I want them happy, healthy and colorful.
I did a search and came up with so many options and varied opinons on the best flake food. Looking at the Tetra lable wasn't very encouraging with all the "gunk'n'junk" it seems is in there.
Should I stay with the flake and "treat" routine? What is the "best" pure flake food? Drop flakes all together? How do I properly prepare a frozen food to give them? Anyone best for all the fish? I'd like to cover all the fish on one diet/plan and not have 10 different food bottles and 5 packs of stuff in the freezer.
Whatcha' think and do you need any further info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store