Crack in tank... Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jimmyb7225

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
I just noticed a crack about 3 inches long in the middle of the glass on my 55g. I can feel the crack from the outside but can not from the inside(no water is coming out). Im in the process of resealing another tank so I had some silicone in the house so used that on it. Anyone have any ideas about keeping this tank from not bursting open until my other tank is ready(maybe 3-4 days).

Danny-O

How do I change my user title?
Mar 4, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.howmanyfish.com
Perhaps wrap the side with generous amounts of duct tape. It won't hold back water, but it might help stabilize the crack and cushion it from external vibration for the few days you need. I'd also not slam any doors, have loud arguments or crank the subwoofer on the stereo. And wear slippers!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Lower the water level. DONT use duck tape. There is this stuff called frog tape. They sell it at menards and it is supposed to be stronger than duck tape, but leave less of a residue on the surface it is stuck to. But if you dont want to get that and you happen to have a roll of duck tape lying around, then might as well go for it if you plan on chucking the tank afterwards. (or get yourself a big ol bottle of goo gone)

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
for safety's sake, i would move the fish in this tank to a rubbermaid immediately and drain the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store