Little things on my fish tank walls.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rainstorm~

AC Members
Apr 25, 2010
I had just cleaned out my fish tank about 3 months ago because of a snail overpopulation.
I added new rocks and fish to my 16 gal. Everything but one fish was knew.
So anyways, I was looking into the fish tank yesterday and seen these small white lines.. They were everywhere on the surfaces of all 4 sides including plants. 1 mm in length, and they were very thin in width.
I thought at first they were just many cracks in the glass, but once I looked at them for a while, they slowly moved. Today i seen one as long as 1 cm floating through the filter current twisting and curling [which was not from the current].
Yesterday I thought they could have been snail hatchlings somehow still in my tank, but now I am uncertain.

Please help!
(I cannot take any pictures of them because they are too small for the camera to capture. Plus my camera isn't very good.):irked:

I have:
2 Pearl Gouramies
1 dojo loach
1 hummingbird tetra

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I had something similar, but in longer lengths once right after one of my tanks finished cycling. I have no idea what it is. I asked my LFS and he didn't either but he said he's seen it in tanks that contain salt a lot. I wiped it off and it never came back.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store