Very Aggressive Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hub

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
I have a 20 Gallon high tank that currently has 1 Gold Gourami, 5 Tiger Barbs, and 2 Zebra Danios. I have had this setup for about a month and have had no problems with it. I went to the same fish store where I bought my current fishes and purchased a Dwarf Gourami. The employee told me it would be compatible with my gold gourami. After putting in the new gourami, the gold gourami started to chase it around the tank, stressing the dwarf gourami I bought.

I did a water change already and the dwarf gourami is hiding from the gold gourami. The gold gourami will chase it when it starts to swim around and will only come up to eat. What are my options here? Should I return the gourami or separate the two? Should I wait until they get along or buy more plants for hiding places? Help!

Dburgess1231

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
NORTHERN OHIO
The Gold Gourami is the king of the tank. Dwarfs are usually more calm and layed back, for this it will get picked on in this small of a tank. IMO get rid of the gold because they get to be around 6" long and too big for this 20gal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store