Just realized three things...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
So I ordered the 3 BN plecos and got them in a few days ago (wed), the L144 approx 2inch baby is out and about all the time eating and fares well. The 2 approx 1 inch standard albino babies get picked on constantly. I couldnt find them for a few days so I lifted up the house and I found them both still alive and seemingly fine, I chased them out just to get a good look at them and then just about every fish in eyesight came over and started nibbling at them... I cant tell if it hurt them any but it sure couldnt of felt great! So I put the house back down and chased them back inside of it... hopefully they will be ok.
Second thing is that killifish are really mean! When I had my hand in the tank I got hit by the three of them trying to I guess eat my arm at least 100 times! It obvi doesnt hurt but it sure does startle you the first few times lol.

Third is more of a question, so I have these plecos. I tried to feed the two 1" ones a 1/4 of an algae wafer tonight when I found them as idk what there is to eat in that house. Do they eat junk on the ground or strictly algae/vegetation? (I also ordered a piece of driftwood for all my 4 plecos to munch on as I know they need it in their digestive tracts). Second is if that is all they eat how can I feed them? almost every fish in my tank LOVES those algae wafers. I dropped a whole on in tonight but in 4 pieces in 4 places in my 75 one of which I put right inside of the house where the BN babies are hiding and the fish swarmed all 4 locations and once they realized the babies were there swarmed them too! I have a tropical community "peaceful tank" lol Iv never had this problem before from platys, mollies, etc. Any suggestion? Hopefully on Monday I will have my hospital tank back from the goldfish and Ill clean that all out and fill it up with water from my 75 and put them in there all by themselves so I can monitor them. Any other suggestions?

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Feed the algae wafers when you turn the lights off.

Dburgess1231

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
NORTHERN OHIO
feed them some zucchini. But i think letting them grow in the hospital tank is a good idea for a while. once you get taht driftwood you should be good too. they are a "plated" fish and can live with cichlids so... the community tank should be a breeze.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Thats what I thought too, im more worried about the constant stress as opposed to the actual physical damage. They look fine but you know what stress does to a fish, and I dont want them to die and not be found for days and spike my ammonia

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store