new 120 litre tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
hi all got my new tank yesterday 120 litre fish pod tank and set it up to day which i had to do as my other tanks was to small, so it has all my old stock . my old tank water was added to the tank along with new and all filters and pipes where cleaned dimentions are L 31.5 IN/ D 20 IN/ W 14 IN
let me no what you think
thanks
1 x cobolt blue discus
4 albino corys
1 panda cory
3 black fin cory
4 sterbi cory and a few various tertas
1 twig fish
1 bristle nose

142.JPG 138.JPG 133.JPG 141.JPG 136.JPG

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i would do a min of atleast 55 with 75 being alot better, with a group of 5 or 7 ( dont think they like even number of schools? may be wrong though. ) at very min i would do is a 55 though. they do need a school in the long run.

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
i aggre they do best in a group of atleast 4/6 fish,

ive had him a yr now and hes nicly coloured up and hes the boss in there eats well no problems with him as of yet

aXio

AC Members
Aug 20, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Real Name
Jakub
I'm keeping one discus currently in my 55 gallon setup. He has some friends in there like an angel fish and corys, but no other Discus. While I agree that it is good keep them in schools of 5 or more I do think it's possible to keep a single discus if done right. Mine is a year old now growing very very well has beautiful color and absolutely no signs of stunting or stress and I have many many pictures to prove this to be so. Now with that said... I think it's more important to worry about other things which might cause stress to a discus. Such as the fact that your 40 gallon tanks look pretty short... discus need tall tank more then they need wide tanks just like angels. Also not sure if it's your picture but your water looks pretty murky and cloudy... with your tank being the size it is, you should be doing like 2-3 water changes a week to keep it clean enough for your discus to stay healthy. Also you have alot of other fish in there so your bio load is pretty big for a tank that size. Even if you consider the 10g per discus rule there are things too worry about this tank not just the fact that it's by itself. Lots of people buy discus with out even having the proper means to raising them or housing them in a proper tank of the proper size.

Check out my thread for my 55 gallon with the discus in it. The thread also has pictures of my current 40 gallon grow out tank... which it the proper way to raise discus before putting them into a planted tank...

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?255230-aXio-s-55-Gallon

i would do a min of atleast 55 with 75 being alot better, with a group of 5 or 7 ( dont think they like even number of schools? may be wrong though. ) at very min i would do is a 55 though. they do need a school in the long run.
Keeping an even number of discus is perfectly fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store