stocking question for a 20 g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
I have 4 male guppies, 6 dwarf cories and 4 otos, I was going to add 3 khuli loaches, but aquaadvisor suggest a minimum of 5 I will be running an aquaclear 30 and a marineland magnum HOT with plants and maybe a piece of drift wood. Do I have room for 5 khulis or is 3 ok?

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
right now the corries are all over the place, and the otos are on the leaves of the plants, I expect the khulies to be buried much of the time, I just think they're cool. =)

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Yea Ive got 4 in my 18 planted. Be sure to have a large rock structure of some sort for them to hide under.

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
3 will work, too. My three seem happy enough. Heavily planted tank, lots of hiding places...however, mine are out most of the time - swimming all over the place, hanging over plant leaves. They;re fat and happy little fish. FWIW, my experience is that the brown/java/cinnamon/black (whatever your LFS call the non-striped ones) are out more often than the regular striped ones.

Eric

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
I have a small pice of driftwood to add to the tank And I expect them to go under my anubias too. Thanks everyone

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
well I just looked them up again on liveaquaria.com It says they need a 40 gal tank so I'm thinking 2 instead of 5 if I get them, I could get them for the 36 BF. I need to rethink this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store