aXio's 29 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aXio

AC Members
Aug 20, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Real Name
Jakub
29 Gallon Tank

Equipment:

- Fluval 205 Canister
- Coralife Lighting Fixture w/ 65w Bulb @ 6,700k\9 hrs a day.
- Pfertz Fertilizers

Flora:

- Anubias Nana
- Anubias Coffeefolia
- Anubias Barteri
- Anubias Gracilis
- Ludwigia
- Amazon Swords
- Brazilian Pennywort

Current Fauna:

20-25 Cherry Barbs (Lost count after they started having little ones)
5 Apple Snails
1 Cory (In here for QT)

10/30/2011 Picture update...

I got these guys from dixienut over a year ago...

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
That's the pennywort at the surface, right? You must have to trim that back a lot. Looks like a lovely tank. :clap:

aXio

AC Members
Aug 20, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Real Name
Jakub
what is the big plant on the right? and the floating one?
The big plant is a Broad Leaf Amazon Sword and the floating plant is Brazilian Pennywort, I use it for shade for the anubias plants as well as a surface covering for the cherry barbs which they prefer.

That's the pennywort at the surface, right? You must have to trim that back a lot. Looks like a lovely tank. :clap:
Sure is. It's not too bad trimming wise... at least not yet haha. I usually just pick out the uglier looking leaves once a week and it keeps it pretty under control.

Pssst, you forgot to mention the nerite snail lol. Great tank - I'm loving that pennywort.
Doh! Ya there are actually 2 of them in there. I need to move them tho soon because they are laying eggs all over the tank... non stop lol.

Dburgess1231

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
NORTHERN OHIO
I am looking for good plants for my pearl gouramis when i get them. Problem is that i have a very tall tank. (My signature if you want to see what im talking about) I am reading up and planning to plant a bunch at the same time so im doing research.

aXio

AC Members
Aug 20, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Real Name
Jakub
I am looking for good plants for my pearl gouramis when i get them. Problem is that i have a very tall tank. (My signature if you want to see what im talking about) I am reading up and planning to plant a bunch at the same time so im doing research.
Swords are a good way to go if your looking to fill in a lot of space, but that goes both vertically and horizontally. Vals are a good plant for tall tanks. I just looked at your tank and I think Vals would be perfect for a nice tall backgroun plant and maybe a big sword plant for a center piece. If you liked how the Pennywort looks in my tank, you can also anchor it to the bottom of your tank and it will grow upwards until it reaches the surface. Also consider a green or red tiger lotus. They let their leaves go up pretty high as well send some shoots to the surface to form floating leaves. As well as lost of different stem plants such as Ludwigia, I have to trim my ludwigia constantly because it gets 2' long easy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store