Driftwood "attaching" question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jeremy1

AC Members
Sep 17, 2010
I need some advice.I have a piece of wood that used to look like a tree (picture no leaves like in winter.) It was too large to fit in to the smaller tank i am moving it to so i cut off the "branches". Now i have a log and some twigs.The question is this-when I bunch the twigs together they have a nice look and I would like to arrange them this way in the tank. So how do I get them to stay together? I have heard silicone will eventually let loose and that fishing line will deteriorate over time. Someone recommended using stainless steel screws but I dont know about metal in the tank even if they wont rust.So any help would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks for your replies!!!!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
stainless steel screws or zip ties

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Zip ties are by far the safest way to go.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Zip-ties are by far the safest ways to go.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Crazy glue will work. And its aquarium safe. Good luck.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I would go with zip ties.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if the branches are small and their surfaces line up smoothly with each other when you bunch them together then i would try superglue, as you won't see anything at all once the branches are in the tank.

if they are larger/don't line up too nice, then black zip ties are great - they don't stand out like white ones. plant a few plants around the wood to hide the zip ties and you're good to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store