60 gallon cube!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Just went to the local goodwill store in search of something interesting for my dorm. $29 later I came home with a 60gallon acrylic cube! We arnt allowed to have a fish tank larger than 15 gallons (but than again we arnt supposed to have snakes either....), and i already have a 14bc setup. I wont be moving into an appartment until hopefully around may when the lease on my dorm runs out, so im going to use the next 7 months planning for it :) i really want to either go the exotic tanganyikan route, or for the colorful vic/malawi group.

any ideas :) im excited that soon i will be back in the cichlid bussiness :p

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i dont have pics yet, my phone is dead, and i dont want to haul it up 3 floors of stairs alone cuz its awkward to carry, but its about 24x24x24 i think

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
That's an awkward size tank for most cichlids. You could do a nice julie set up with a ton of holey rock piled in the center and then have some shellies too. I'd stick with small fish though.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
would it be possible to keep a group of the micro cyprichromis? because i miss my old utinta

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
thats a possibility, those are hard to find and get in my area though, they were kinda expensive whenever i had bought them at daves before

Alplily

AC Members
Nov 6, 2011
Estes Park, CO, USA
What a great find... I am envious! I would do a lovely planted set-up with some shrimp, a shoal of small fish (tetras/rasboras) and a couple of larger specimen fish (like South Am. Cichlids--rams or something)...

Have fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store