centerpiece fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
so I may re-home my angel, or just keep her in the 40, which would leave my 29 open for whatever I wanted to use it for...

I was thinking about doing a group of serpae tetras, and a smaller pleco of some sort. just wondering if anyone could think of a good centerpiece fish for that setup?

I was thinking maybe a gold gourami? or a krib or german blue ram, maybe?

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
At the moment, I have your exact same setup. I have a 29g with Serpaes and a single Krib. I have tried rams and gouramis, but the serpaes are very nippy and they chase the long finned fish around. The krib cichlid doesn't take that and he (or she?) fends them off with no problem.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i would also say a krib or a king betta. the king bettas have short fins and i had mine with columbian tetras and he never got nipped.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
+1^ and ^^

but my fav. would be a long fin male gold ram;) a pleco and some other tetras...not serpaes......maybe u could do 16 green neon tetras or 10 of some other type of tetra like neons, rummies, red eyes, etc......'

maybe even a pair of rams? GBRs would be perfect as those rae really small;)

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I personally really like serpae tetras... once they grow their fins out they are awesome! just dont overstock them or make them feel too crowded or they wont ever grow in right... me and my neighbor bought some the same day at the same place and hers still look like juvis while mine filled out very nicely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store