Triggerfish Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JPalmGator3

Registered Member
Nov 2, 2011
I'm having some issues with a recently purchased (little over a month) Niger Triggerfish. Over the past week he's had a variety of symptoms that don't seem to match up with one specific disease.

1. Some days his eyes, or just one eye, are cloudy and puffed up and then they go away the next day.
2. He has a large black spot on the top of his head that almost looks like a bruise.
3. He gets white, bulbous spots on top of his head and on fins that go away and look to be too large for ich.
4. Behavior is totally normal. No loss of appetite or lethargy.
5. Water levels are all normal.

Here's some picks from a non-cloudy eye day. Anybody know what this is and how to treat it? Thanks.
Trigger 002.jpgTrigger 001.jpg

Trigger 002.jpg Trigger 001.jpg

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Any tankmates? Is that sand/rock debris on his head in those pics? Kind of looks like an open wound in the last pic up near the dorsal fin.

What size tank is he in?

JPalmGator3

Registered Member
Nov 2, 2011
Just him and a stars/stripes puffer, both a little less than 3". I hope that it's just sand, but it's hard to tell. They are in a 55 gallon for now, that I'm upgrading once they get larger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store